VERBAL BEHAVIOR SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
A special interest group of the Association for Behavior Analysis International
To forward the science by bringing together experts, students, and practitioners who are passionate about the study of verbal behavior.
1) Support research efforts to improve our understanding of verbal behavior.
2) Connect students, researchers, and practitioners analyzing and applying the analysis of verbal behavior.
3) Disseminate theoretical, empirical, and practical information about verbal behavior.
4) Contribute to the teaching of verbal behavior to undergraduate and graduate students.
5) Communicate with other organizations making use of Skinner's verbal behavior.
Funding and Networking
Every year the VB SIG sponsors paper and grant competitions for students conducting VB research. These contests are supported by the efforts of many prominent VB researchers both through their financial contributions and by reviewing students' work for these contests. These are great ways for you to have your research seen by prominent members of the field!
CONNECTING BEHAVIOR ANALYSTS
Supporting the VB Community
The VB SIG strives to foster relationships between VB researchers, practitioners, and other stakeholders throughout the world. Check out our newsletter or the Facebook page for updates on what is happening in the VB community and to connect with other members!
Supporting the Science
The VB SIG is dedicated to supporting the work of its members and to keep you connected to advancements in the field. Share your work with us to be featured in the newsletter or on the Facebook page. We love hearing about all of your work!
Furthering the Science.
Among the most important objectives of the VB SIG is to support members' efforts to teach and provide practical training in verbal behavior. Every year we